In my house, we charge all of the devises between the couches. The chords are unsightly! So I had to do something about it. Here I make a charging station that fits in with my decor!
- Buy a box with lid that will close and stay closed when sat upright. I found a bread box at target with a magnetic lid.
Make sure to try out your box to ensure that it works. Leave open on a flat surface. If you return and find a cat in it, then it’s a good box.
2. Measure the box. The lid will be the front. Choose which way you want the door to open and mark the top and bottom (short ends).
3. Measure the plug.
4. On the center of the bottom mark a spot to drill the hole for the chord. I have an 1 1/4-inch long-edge of my plug, so the hole was 1 1/2-inch.
5. Mark four evenly spaced (or however many chords can charge at once) ticks on the front lid.
6. On the back of the box (opposite side of the door), mark two evenly spaced spots along the center. This is to affix the box to the wall.
7. DRILL HOLES! Or have your husband do it. It’s his tools, so I just give good instructions. Let’s be clear, I know how to use all of his tools, and am perfectly capable of using power tools. However, I stick to my tools and he sticks to his. . . .and the ones he has absorbed from me.
8. Use screws to affix the box to the wall. Use a level to ensure the box is not uneven.
The finished product in use. Note that our chord has a hub that is plugged into it. There are two standard ports and two USB ports.